1. Jesus Is Human, Yet Divine
- The high priest said to him, “I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God.” “Yes, it as you say” Jesus replied. Matthew 26:63-64
- The Word (Jesus) became flesh and made his dwelling among us. -John 1:14
- God became man.
- Jesus is God: Apologetics talk.
2. Jesus Came For The Sick
- “The Son of Man came to seek and save the lost.” – Luke 19:10, Mark 10:45
- Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the Kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people. -Matthew 4:23
3. Jesus Was Authoritative, Yet Humble
- They were amazed at his teaching, for he taught as one who had real authority- quite unlike the teachers of religious law. -Mark 1:22
- Mark 2:1-12- Authority to forgive sin.
4. Jesus Hung Out With The Outcasts
- That night, Matthew invited Jesus and his disciples to his home as dinner guests, along with his fellow tax collectors and many other notorious sinners. The Pharisees were indigent, “Why does your teacher eat with such scum?” they asked his disciples. -Matthew 9:10-11
5. Jesus Was Angered By Hypocrisy
- How terrible it will be for you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs—beautiful on the outside but filled on the inside with dead people’s bones and all sorts of impurity. -Matthew 23:27
6. Jesus Satisfies Our Desires
- John 4- The woman at the well.
- He quenches our thirst. He is the Living Water.
7. Jesus Is Unpredictable, Yet Reliable
- He was not the king people expected. This talk could go many different directions. Here are some ideas.
- Matthew 14:13-34 -Feeding the 5,000.
- John 10:37-38 -Jesus puts his money where his mouth is.
8. Jesus Was Tempted In Every Way, Yet Without Sin
- He faced all of the same temptations we do. -Hebrews 4:15
- But you know that Jesus appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him there is no sin. -1 John 3:5
9. Jesus Made It Possible To Have A Relationship With God
- For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. -John 3:16-17
10. Jesus Made Nobodies Somebodies
- Jesus chose disciples who were fisherman and outcasts. They weren’t chosen by other Rabbis, they were the leftovers, the second string, the JV team.
- Read Mark 1:14-20.
- Here’s another helpful article about the disciples.
11. Jesus Is Gentle, Yet Powerful
- Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me.” -Matthew 19:14
- Contrast with the miracles in Matthew 8
12. Jesus Can Sympathize With Our Struggles
- This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses. -Hebrews 4:15
- He enters into our despair- John 5:1-9 (Pool of Bethsaida)
13. Jesus Understands Our Sadness
- Jesus wept. -John 11:35
- He is a Man of Sorrows. -Isaiah 53
14. Jesus Has Your Best Interest In Mind
- In the story of Lazurus (John 11:1-46) it seems as if everything has gone wrong, but Jesus always has the big picture in mind. He turns broken things into something beautiful.
15. Jesus Wants To Be Your Friend
- In Luke 19:1-10 we find the story of Zaccheus. God’s desire to pursue a relationship with Zaccheus was not dependent on how good of a person Zach was. He didn’t wait for Zach to come to Him, he pursued a relationship with him. Our worship of Jesus grows out of our friendship with Him.
16. Jesus Can Make You Clean Again
- We find the story of Jesus healing the Leper in Mark 1:40-44, Matthew 8:2-4, & Luke 5:12-14.
- Jesus has the power to cleanse us from physical and spiritual disease. He is moved with compassion for us.
17. Jesus Came To Give Us Life To The Full
- John 10:10- Abundant life
- Luke 5- So many fish it breaks the nets
- Matthew 14:22-46- Peter walking on water.
18. Jesus Came To Defeat Evil
- Mark 5:1-20- Demoniac
19. Jesus Came To Give Us Freedom
- Luke 4:14-22
- Isaiah 61:1-2
20. Jesus Isn’t Who We Often Expect
- He’s the life of the party- John 2
- Luke 5- Big catch of fish
21. Jesus Wants To Hear Our Story
- Mark 5:21-43- Bleeding Woman
22. Jesus Fights For Us
- Jesus clears the temple. He wants nothing to get in between us and God.
- Luke 19:45-48, John 2:13-17, Matthew 21:12-13, Mark 11:15-19
23. Jesus Gives Us A Do-Over
- John 4- The woman at the well
24. Jesus Was Persecuted Unfairly
- The chief priests and the whole Sanhedrin were looking for false evidence against Jesus so that they could put him to death. But they did not find any, though many false witnesses came forward. – Matthew 26:59-60
- He understands how it feels when you’re treated unfairly.
25. Jesus Is In The Storm With You
- He doesn’t sleep through your storm.
- Who is this that even the wind and waves obey Him?
- Mark 4:35-41; Matthew 8:18, 23-27; Luke 8:22-25
Also, I highly recommend investing $1.99 and picking up this book by Ty Saltzgiver.