When it comes to planning club, scheduling is half the
battle. Below are a few tips, along with some key dates as you think through
the new semester.
- Make sure to look at your school calendar for dates when school is out (teacher workdays, holidays, end of grading period, etc…)
- Know when the big school events are (TWIRP, Spring Break, Prom, Graduation, etc…) and avoid scheduling your cross-talk on the night of the big game or chorus concert.
- Know when there is a half/day or early release.
- When is your high school spring break?
- If you have college leaders, when’s your college spring break?
2020 KEY DATES
Jan. 20- MLK day (Monday)
Feb. 2– Super Bowl (Sunday)
Feb. 14- Valentine’s Day (Friday)
Feb. 17– President’s Day (Monday)
Feb. 26 – Ash Wednesday (Wednesday)
March 8 – Daylight Savings Time springs
forward on this Sunday, so after that, you’ll have more daylight for club!
March 17- St. Patrick’s Day (Tuesday)
March 17- March Madness starts
April 1- April Fools Day (Wednesday)
April 4 (Saturday) and April 6 (Monday) – Final
Four and National Championship
April 10- Good Friday
April 12– Easter Sunday
May 5- Cinco De Mayo (Tuesday)
May 25- Memorial Day (Monday)
You can also find tons of spring specific club plans on this post from a few years ago (exact dates have changed), including ideas for YL WingFest, SuperBowl Club, Love Club, St. Patty’s Club, March Madness Club, YL’s Got Talent, Spring Break Club, Tacky Prom Club, Cinco De Mayo Club, 8th Grade Club, Senior Night, and more.
Find more theme club ideas here.
Have a new fun theme idea? Email us here!