This game would likely work best for WyldLife club or Campaigners. It could be used around Halloween or at a Christmas party.
To Play The Game
- A player holds the shrink wrap candy ball and starts removing layers.
- The player on their left is rolling 2 dice (in a pan) as fast as possible in an attempt to roll doubles.
- When the player to the left rolls doubles, they pass the pan and dice to their left and the ball is passed to them.
- They tear as many layers as possible while the player to their left is rolling the dice.
- As the layers are removed, the candy starts to come out.
- Players keep any candy that comes out during their turn.
The game can take up to 20 minutes with 24 students playing. Make sure everyone ends the game with at least one piece of candy.
To Make The Candy Ball
- Use about 75 pieces/ packages of candy, all sizes and types.
- To start the ball, use some kind of bell elf as the center. It’s fun for the kids to hear the jingle inside as they pull off layer after layer. The closer they got to the center, the louder the bell will jingle.
- Wrap the bell in bubble wrap and tape it with packing tape.
- Place a piece of candy on the ball that was forming and wrap it up with shrink wrap, the sturdy wrap used for packing and moving, saran wrap as it is not sturdy enough.
- Continue this process of placing a candy on the wrapped ball until it’s a little larger than a basketball.
- Every few layers use tape to seal up the recently wrapped layer
We discovered this game here.