The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few.Matthew 9:37
The beginning of a new school year is a great time to connect with potential new leaders to join your Young Life team.
10 Ways To Find New Leaders
- Ask your middle or high school friends if they have any older siblings, friends, teachers or coaches they think would make good Young Life leaders.
- Ask the parents of your middle or high school friends if they know any college grads moving back to the area who might make good leaders.
- Ask local youth pastors/pastors if there is anyone in their church with a heart for outreach and teenagers.
- Put up flyers at local universities, community colleges, coffee shops and Paneras.
- Use social media to spread the word and let others know your needs.
- Partner with campus ministries at the local college to see if there are folks in Cru, IV, FCA, RUF, CO, etc…who might be interested in outreach high school ministry.
- Ask empty-nester parents to pray about leading.
- Guest preach or make announcements at local churches, casting the vision and sharing the need.
- Talk to Christians who don’t really understand Young Life and help them grasp the heart of the mission.
- Pray expectantly, asking God to provide in ways that may surprise you.
“They committed themselves to the teaching of the apostles, the life together, the common meal, and the prayers. Everyone around was in awe—all those wonders and signs done through the apostles! And all the believers lived in a wonderful harmony, holding everything in common. They sold whatever they owned and pooled their resources so that each person’s need was met. They followed a daily discipline of worship in the Temple followed by meals at home, every meal a celebration, exuberant and joyful, as they praised God. People, in general, liked what they saw. Every day their number grew as God added those who were saved.“Acts 2:42-47 (MSG)