If you need a quick and easy game for Campaigners or club, download this Scattergories PDF I created and print off enough copies for each team.
HOW TO PLAY
- Divide your group into smaller groups (around 4 people/team works best.)
- Pass out 1 pen and 1 game sheet (2 pages) per team.
- Set a timer for 5 minutes and let them see how many they can fill out working as a team
- Have them go to different parts of a room or house so they don’t overhear the other team’s answers.
- Pick a random letter of the alphabet that all teams use, use the same letter for each team.
- After the 5 minute round, gather the teams together to review answers.
- Each unique word gets one point. If another team has the same answer, they cancel one another out and no team is awarded points.
- The first word must begin with the key letter that has been assigned. The determiners “a,” “an” and “the” are disallowed in the game even though they might be part of an official title.
- Names or terms that begin with the same key letter, including “Ronald Reagan,” “candy cane,” or “Brady Bunch” count as 2 points, but only when it is part of the normal use of the word. You can not use “bad boys” as an answer to “something can you find in a zoo?” You can get 1 point for “boys” but not for an unnecessary adjective. You could get 2 points for “Bad Boys” when answering “movie title.”
- You can only get points for each word once on your answer sheet. If you answer “cars” for “Movie title” and “vehicle,” you can only count a point for one of them. If another team cancels out one of your answers by having the same answer, you can get credit for the additional use of the word.
- Disputes are decided by the judge or by a vote of all teams, decide ahead of time which method you will use.
- In case of a tie, the team with the most 2 point answers wins.