If you are speaking at a Young Life club anytime soon, I highly recommend dropping the $1.99 to grab the newest book from a friend to many of us and YL Sr. VP, Ty Saltzgiver.
‘Lifting Up Jesus In Every Talk As We Proclaim His Gospel’ was written specifically for Young Life leaders. In it, Ty offers relevant Biblical commentary on eighteen different encounters with Jesus in the Gospels.
- Jesus’ Encounter with Zaccheus
- A Leper Healed
- The Reasons Jesus Came To Earth, as Given by Jesus Himself
- Man by the Pool 38 years-Made Well
- Feeding the 5,000
- The Great Catch of Fish and the Calling of Peter
- Jesus and Peter Walking on Water
- Rich, Young Ruler
- Turning Footbath into Vintage Wine
- Paralytic Through the Roof
- Two Events: The Synagogue Ruler and the Daughter of God
- Clearing/Cleansing the Temple
- The Woman at the Well
- The Woman Caught in Adultery
- Woman Anointing Jesus
- Jesus Calms a Storm
- Bartimaeus Regains His Sight
- Lazarus is Raised from the Dead
In each chapter Ty provides:
- Historical Background
- Possible Points You Could Make (by verse)
I wish I would’ve had this helpful reference tool years ago. It belongs on the nightstand of every Young Life leader.