The Great Pumpkin Hunt is similar to an Easter Egg Hunt, but the prizes aren’t inside the pumpkins, instead it’s more like a raffle.
How It Works
- Buy 50 mini-pumpkins. You can probably get them from a local pumpkin lot or Wal-mart for around .75 cents/pumpkin.
- Take a sharpie and number each pumpkin 1-49.
- Use gold spray paint to paint the 50th pumpkin and make it the elusive “Golden Pumpkin”
- Write down numbers 1-49 on scrap pieces of paper and put them inside a plastic pumpkin or bowl.
- Hide all the pumpkins so none are visible from the starting line. If you’re having club inside a barn, hide the pumpkins in places where kids won’t find them when they’re hanging out before Club. Maybe there are woods behind the barn where you can hide the pumpkins.
- Explain to the kids that they’re only allowed to find as many pumpkins as they can carry in their arms, so no collecting pumpkins in book bags.
- After kids have gone on the hunt, they will all return with the pumpkins they’ve collected. Then have one kid come up and draw a number out of the plastic pumpkin. Whoever found the pumpkin with that number on it wins a prize.
- For prizes, you could give away Halloween candy, lunch with a leader, costume mustaches, etc…
- Draw 5 numbers and give away 5 prizes.
- Whoever finds the Golden Pumpkin gets $100 off of summer camp!