Many areas around the country are having leader retreats this weekend! Share your pics using the hashtag #YLLeaderWeekend!
If you’re working on planning your spring semester, check out this amazing spreadsheet that Ryan Weston (YL AD in Greenville, NC) put together for his area. It has tons of great ideas for YL, WL, and YLC to steal.
Email us your spring club plans and we’ll add them to the post. Creativity is just forgetting where you stole it from!
You can also find tons of spring specific club plans on this post from last year, including ideas for YL WingFest, SuperBowl Club, Love Club, St. Patty’s Club, March Madness Club, YL’s Got Talent, Spring Break Club, Tacky Prom Club, Cinco De Mayo Club, 8th Grade Club, Senior Night, and more.
Have a new fun theme idea? Email us here!
Key Dates for Spring 2017
- Make sure to look at your school calendar for dates when there’s no school.
- Know when the big school events are (TWIRP, Spring Break, Prom, Graduation, etc…) and avoid scheduling your cross talk on the night of the big game or chorus concert.
- Know when there is a half/day or early release.
- Daylight Savings Time springs forward on Sunday, March 12th, so after that, you’ll have more daylight for club!
- President’s Day is Monday, Feb 20th
- When is your high school Spring Break? If you have college leaders, when’s your college spring break?
- March Madness is March 14th – April 3rd, the national championship game is that Monday night (4/3/17)
- Good Friday is April 14th, Easter April 16th
- Cinco De Mayo is Friday, May 5th
- Memorial Day is Monday, May 29th