Good questions are essential to a deep Campaigners discussion. It’s often difficult to get teenagers talking, especially guys. Start the discussion with questions that help them slowly open up…then go deeper.
One of my friends does 3 questions to start his Campaigners time each week. He calls it ‘Deep, Deeper, Deepest.’ Sometimes he just uses the same question and does 3 different rounds.
Deep– If you really knew me, you would know that…I like sour patch kids more than I like my little sister.
Deeper– If you really knew me, you would know that…my girlfriend dumped me this week for some loser that goes to Western.
Deepest- If you really knew me, you would know that…I have an addiction to cheating and have never been caught in 3 years but I’m trying to stop now.
Below are 100 questions to help you start deeper discussions.
If you really knew me, you would know.… (could be in the ‘light’ or ‘deep’ category)
What are the Highs and Lows of your week thus far?
Tell us a nickname you’ve had and how you got it.
What’s one or two of your pet peeves?
- What is your favorite place on the planet?
If you could eat any meal tonight, what would it be and who would it be with?
- Tell us 3 songs you are loving right now.
What’s something you can do that no one else in our group can do?
If we looked at your internet history, what 3 sites would we find you spend the most time on?
If you could dispense any condiment out of your pinky finger what would it be?
What movie or TV character do you most identify with and why?
Show us 5 of the last 20 pictures in your camera roll and explain each pic.
- What’s one of the best gifts you’ve ever received?
Fact or Fiction? Say 3 things about yourself, one being false and have the group guess which of the three statements isn’t true.
Show and Tell: Bring something from your childhood to show us about yourself and explain why you brought it.
Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- What’s the most hilarious thing about you or tell us about a ‘hidden talent.’
- What’s the best or worst vacation you’ve ever been on?
- If you were blind, what would you miss seeing the most?
- With what famous person would you most like to share a meal? What would you ask them?
- What would you do with a million dollars?
- If you got a tattoo, what would it be and where?
- What is your favorite room in your house and why?
- Why did you come to YL for the first time?
- If you were a guest on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, what questions would you want Jimmy to ask you?
- Tell us 2 truths and 1 lie about you and we’ll guess which one is the lie.
- Name a movie or song that has had a real impact on you.
- Break into groups of 2 and interview your partner. Find out all about them and then introduce them to the group.
- What is your earliest memory?
- Who was your childhood hero and why?
- Would you rather give a compliment or receive a compliment? (Do whatever they choose: Either give them a compliment from each person in the group or ask them to give one to someone in the group.)
- What is your favorite class/teacher and why?
- If you were given 2 million dollars and could buy any vehicle for everyone in our group, what type of vehicle would you buy for each person and why?
- Are you a:
- How would you describe your relationship with Christ right now?
- In what area of your life do you feel most satisfied right now? Why?
- In what area of your life do you feel most empty right now? Why?
If you had to live this past week over again, would you change anything? If so, what would that be?
- What is one way your parents have sacrificed for you?
Finish the sentence: If you lived in my house for a week you might be surprised by….
Finish the sentence: “I wish God would….”
What are 3-5 words your parents would use to describe you?
What are 3-5 words your friends would use to describe you?
What are 3-5 words you would use to describe you?
If you could have any question answered, what would it be?
What’s a question you’ve never been asked, but wish someone would ask you.
- What storms in your life would you like Jesus to calm?
- What has been your biggest disappointment?
Who knows you best?
- Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
When have you made your mom or dad proud?
- What was your most satisfying accomplishment in elementary school? In middle school? Since middle school?
What have you been praying for this week?
I heard you say … last week at Campaigners, tell me more about that.
If you were me, the YL leader leading the Campaigners time, what question would you ask everyone that would help us go deeper with God and one another?
What do you think God has been trying to teach you lately?
Tell us about an adult (teacher, coach, etc…) who has influenced your life and how so.
- What’s been one of the scariest moments in your life?
- Tell us the names of your family members, and describe your relationship with them.
- Draw a picture representing your life using 4-8 symbols. Make the symbol nearest the center the most important aspect or interest and then draw the others around it.
- If you could ask God any question, what would it be?
- If you knew you wouldn’t fail, what’s one thing you would like to do in life?
- If you had a real need, what person would you go to and why?
- At your funeral, what do you want people to say about you?
- What is one thing you wish you could change about yourself?
- In what area of your life do you feel the most stressed out?
- Finish the sentence…
- One thing that makes me angry is…
- The thing keeping me awake at night is…
- I feel happiest when…
- I just wish…
- What effects of Sin do you see in your own life?
- Who has the greatest influence on you? What person(s)?
- What’s the hardest part of being a teenager?
- What’s the hardest part of being a Christian?
- What is one thing you love about God?
My best day ever was….
My worst days ever was….
What is one regret you have that no one in this room knows about?
- What one thing has helped you grow most in your relationship with Christ?
- Where do you feel the greatest spiritual challenge?
- If you could erase one memory from your past, what would it be?
When is the last time you cried and why?
When is the last time you apologized to someone and why?
- When is a time when you’ve felt closest to God?
- When is a time when you’ve felt farthest away from God?
- When is a time when you really needed God?
What is an important conversation that has shaped your life?
What makes it hard for you to follow Jesus?
What motivates you to follow Jesus?
If you have other good questions to add, please comment below or email me here.