We’re praying for four new leaders to join our YL team before club starts this fall. Here are ten ways we’re hoping to find them:
- Asking our high school friends if they have any older siblings/friends/teachers/coaches they think would make good YL leaders.
- Asking the parents of our high school friends if they know any college grads moving back to the area who might make good YL leaders.
- Asking local Youth Pastors and Pastors if there is anyone in their church with a heart for outreach and teenagers.
- Putting up flyers at local universities and community colleges.
- Tweeting and Facebooking about it to spread the word and let others know our needs.
- Partnering with campus ministries at the local college to see if there are folks in Cru, IV, FCA, RUF, CO, etc.. who might be interested in outreach high school ministry.
- Asking empty-nester parents to pray about leading.
- Preaching or making announcements at local churches, casting the vision and sharing the need.
- Talking to Christians who don’t really like Young Life and helping them understand the heart of the mission.
- Praying faithfully and expecting God to provide in ways that may surprise us.
They committed themselves to the teaching of the apostles, the life together, the common meal, and the prayers. Everyone
around was in awe—all those wonders and signs done through the
apostles! And all the believers lived in a wonderful harmony, holding
everything in common. They sold whatever they owned and pooled their
resources so that each person’s need was met. They
followed a daily discipline of worship in the Temple followed by meals
at home, every meal a celebration, exuberant and joyful, as they praised
God. People in general liked what they saw. Every day their number grew
as God added those who were saved. Acts 2:42-47
What would you add? Please comment below.