In 2013 St. Patrick’s Day falls on Sunday, March 17th. If you hold your “Shamrockin’
Club” or “Green Club” on Monday March 18th, you can get great deals that morning on St. Patty clearance items at Wal-mart. If you don’t have a Monday club, I’d recommend celebrating the week before, otherwise St. Patty’s day just feels old.
Ten Ideas For Shamrockin’ Club
Host a “Ms. Shamrock” competition for the ladies similar to the “Mr.
Christmas Tree” for the fellas. You can read more about that idea on the
Christmas Club idea post and just tweak things to be “shamrocky” instead of “Christmas Treey.”
Let your character host for the evening be “Patty O’Furniture” Green
tights, red wig, bow tie, shamrock shades (see #3 below), irish hat,
beard, etc… A terrible Irish accent is a must.
3. Order some fun party favors to pass out at club. At Oriental Trading Post
you can buy all kinds of novelties for cheap and they do have 2-3 day
delivery. You can get shamrock shaped silly bands for ten cents/band;
shamrock tattoos for a nickle/tat; etc… You can also buy some pretty
sweet shamrock shades at this website for $3/pair if u buy 12 or more.
4. Download some Irish background music for free from this website
Game: Have a relay race where teams race to shoot marshmallows out of
the noses into a bowl of lucky charms sitting on someone’s head.
6. Have everyone dress in green. If they don’t then pinch them. Not an original idea, but pinching people is fun.
7. Game: An Irish Jig dance competition doing dances like this one but probably funnier if you made a video ahead of time.
Mixer: “Feeling lucky?” Give one student $5 or $10 and tell him/her to
give it to the 11th person that shakes their hand. Have everyone shake
hands and meet someone new and tell them what’s going on. Play some
Irish Jig in the background.
9. Game: (stolen from
www.YLhelp.com) Have 3 teams of two come up and whoever finishes a
two-liter of Mountain Dew and a small bag of Lucky Charms wins!!
10. Skit: (also stolen from YLhelp.com and YLplaybook.com) If you haven’t used the classic YL skit “Little Nemo” in a while, now’s a good time to do it with Lil Nemo being a Leprechaun.